Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? That’s right, it’s football season again and for some that may mean hunkering down in front of their large screen TV while yelling for their favorite teams, but for others that means finding fun appetizers to whip up to make these football festivities … well .. festive! Food and football DO go hand-in-hand, right?
If you’re looking for some fresh new foods to enjoy and serve, while staying gluten free, of course. Look no further. Here are this season’s top picks.
Gluten Free Football Party Food
Cheesy Bacon Pull-A-Part Gluten Free Bread
- 1 pkg Three Bakers Hoagie Rolls (4 ct)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6-8 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 stick butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 TBS fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 4 hoagie rolls (lengthwise, on their side) on top of a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold edges to secure rolls from moving around.
- Add half of each cheese inside each roll, filling from one end to the other end. Add half of the bacon. Mix butter and garlic together in small bowl. Add half to the inside of each roll.
- Slice through each roll, cutting through only 3/4 through, making 1-inch pieces.
- Add remaining cheeses on top of all the rolls. Drizzle remaining butter on top of each roll. Sprinkle parsley over top of rolls.
- Bake for approx. 10-12 mins or until golden brown
These little bite-size sausage meatballs are packed with flavor!
- 1 lb of ground sausage meat
- 2 slices gluten free white bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 TBS jar pesto sauce.
Mix together all ingredients, then roll into mini balls and fry. Garnish with strip of red bell pepper and olive on a toothpick.
Dill Pulled Pork Sandwiches
These tasty little treats are sure to please everyone at your gathering!
- gluten free white bread
- 1 cup pulled pork
- 3 TBS mayo
- 2 TBS dill relish
- 1 TBS jar pesto.
Mix all together in a bowl. Cut crust off white bread then cut in half, diagonally. Cut a hole in center of half of the triangles with a small cookie cutter. Reserve cut out circle for another appetizer. Spread approx. 1 TBS of pork on a sliced triangle. Top with cut out triangle. Garnish center of circle with slice of tomato, piece of bacon and sprig of parsley.
Mini Hot Dog and Cheese
Fry or bake little hot dogs, to warm. Cube your favorite cheese. Place on toothpick with a slice of pickle and then top with cut out white bread circle (leftover from the recipe above).
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
Slice 8 peppers in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds. Bake in 350-degree oven for 20 mins. In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of homemade bread crumbs (video recipe here!) and 4 ozs cream cheese. Stuff into center of each pepper. Add chopped bacon to top of each pepper. Bake in broiler for 10 mins or until slightly browned on top.
Single Serve Buffalo Chicken Snackers Dip
- 1 5.3oz container of plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of buffalo wing sauce
- 1 oz can of cooked chicken breast (substitute with any chicken you please!)
- 1 tablespoon of light mayo
- Bleu cheese crumbles to top
- Salt and pepper to taste
Gorgonzola Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 Three Bakers Pizza Crust
- 1 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sprinkle cheese over top of pizza crust
3. Toss chicken in half of the wing sauce, spread over cheese. Bake for 10-12 mins or until slightly brown. Remove from oven.
4. Drizzle remaining wing sauce over top and Ranch dressing on pizza.
Fall is about family, friends, food and football … and we love that.
What will you serve at your next game day?