There is something incredibly comforting about the humble grilled cheese sandwich. In its simplest form, it’s a cinch to whip up on a raining day requiring only a couple slices of gluten-free bread, your favorite cheese and a pan to cook it in. However, one does not always need to rely on simplicity, for this satisfying sandwich can be dressed up any number of ways and is always guaranteed to gratify. Here is one such way.
Gluten-Free Grilled Cheese Recipe – Shrimp Guacamole
- 8 oz shrimp
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 c chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- fresh garlic clove
- 1 tbs Litehouse Guacamole Herb & Spice Blend
- 8 slices Three Bakers 7 Ancient Grains bread
– Add a slice of butter to a pan on medium heat, then place one slice of three bakers 7 ancient grain bread onto the pan
– On the slice, add 2 to 3 pieces of your choice of cheese (I typically use Munster or Cheddar)
– Once the cheese is melty, add a heaping scoop of the shrimp guacamole
– Add a second piece of bread to the top and then FLIP IT!
My name is Shana Pereira. 6 years ago, I was diagnosed will Celiacs Disease. At the time I was diagnosed, I felt disappointed and even distraught. However, through my diagnosis, I was able to find my love and passion for cooking— leading me here! Follow along on my Instagram page @goodtobe_glutenfree as I continue creating new content and providing yummy gluten free recipe ideas! I also love to travel so when I do I post meals and restaurants from the places I have been!