- BY Susan Tucker
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
You may not consider white bread to be a powerhouse recipe base, but when you are working with whole grain white bread that happens to be jam-packed with nutrients (and also gluten free!), that’s a whole other story.
Our traditional gluten-free Whole Grain White Bread is soft and perfect for sandwiches without toasting. It’s such a popular choice, we rolled out a Large Slice White Bread version. What we love about this family staple is that it’s strong enough to stand up to chunky peanut butter sandwiches and great for any sandwich you can think of. It is whole grain and an excellent source of fiber. While gluten-free sandwiches are an obvious recipe choice, our talented recipe developers have also whipped up some pretty impressive ideas beyond two pieces of bread and toppings. We think you’ll be impressed and inspired by these recipe ideas using gluten-free white bread!
Gluten-Free White Bread – 14 Recipes to Inspire
The Basics – Sandwiches
Let’s start with a few basics. As previously mentioned, our proprietary formula bakes up a gluten-free bread that can stand up to the peanut butter challenge (hooray!!), and so much more. Here are some basic sandwich recipes to revisit, because they’re awesome!
1. Uncrustables by Amanda Kanashiro
Sure, it’s easy to whip up a PBJ in a flash, but have you ever considered giving it a bit more flair? Smash it into shape (using a large cup) to seal the edges, toss in the freezer and pull them out one at a time for a super-quick weekday lunch…. because we can all use every extra minute we can, right?
- 2 slices Three Bakers Gluten Free Large Slice White Bread
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free peanut butter or sunbutter (or other favorite butter)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free jelly
Spread peanut butter in the center of both side of the bread.
Spread jelly on top of the peanut butter.
Place sandwich sides together.
Using a sandwich press or a large-mouthed cup, press into the sandwich, removing the edges and sealing the sides.
Freeze until ready to eat.
2. Rainbow Sandwiches by Amanda Kanashiro
Speaking of PBJ’s … why not up your game with a variety of nut butter flavors and jelly flavors?
- 3 slices Three Bakers White Bread, crusts removed (optional)
- 1 TBS each of jelly (grape, apple, and strawberry)
1. Spread 1 TBS of each jelly onto each slice of bread. Stack on top of each other to form a sandwich.
2. Cut off crusts.
3. Slice diagonally, making triangle shape.
Also included are Three Bakers Cheddar Cheese Snackers flavored with taco seasoning.
Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is tastier when you explore! We love these breakfast ideas from the breakfast sandwich to casseroles, gluten-free white bread soaks up any flavor profile you throw it in.
3. Mexican Breakfast Sandwich by Amanda Kanashiro
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 4 ounce chorizo patty, cooked
- 1 fried egg
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 2 slices avocado
- 1 slice cheese
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- Butter one side of each of the bread slices.
- Spread refried beans on non-buttered bread side.
- Layer chorizo, avocado, salsa, egg and cheese.
- Close sandwich.
- Grill for about 3 minutes per side.
4. Breakfast Casserole by Linda Bonwill
Ingredients for Strata
- 8 slices gluten-free bread, your choice
- 8 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS butter
- breakfast sausage (see recipe)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ozs Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded. (I like Cabot)
- 12 large eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cherry peppers, chopped
Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- 1.25 lb ground Pork
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 Tbs ground sage
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Directions for Sausage:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and put aside.
1. Spray large baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Spread 1 tsp dijon mustard on top of each slice of bread. Place in baking dish (mustard side up). Cut bread if needed to fit, covering bottom of dish.
3. In large skillet heat oil and butter on med/high. Add sausage mixture. Cook until almost browned. Add onions, spinach and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until veggies are soft. Approx. 8-10 mins. Pour on top of bread in baking dish.
4. Shred cheese. Sprinkle on top of sausage/veggie mixture
5. Beat eggs and milk in bowl. Season with salt. Pour over top of cheese. Shake dish to assure egg mixture gets in between slices of bread. Top with chopped cherry peppers.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. Next morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered for 30 mins. Remove cover and bake for an additional 25-30 mins, or until egg is completely cooked.
5. Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Loaf by Kristen Torres
- 1 Loaf Three Bakers Gluten Free Bread (white or cinnamon raisin)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Heavy Dash of Flavor Gods Buttery Cinnamon Roll Seasoning (or a mixture of 1:1 cinnamon:sugar)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While your oven is preheating, cube your entire loaf of bread and add to a food processor, do not pulse just yet.
In a separate bowl mix together all your wet ingredients, including your cinnamon sugar.
Pour the wet ingredients over your cubed bread in the food processor and allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
Once the bread looks pretty soaked through, go ahead and pulse until you achieve a wet dough.
Grease a 9” loaf pan and pour your dough in making sure to evenly distribute to all corners.
Bake until set and golden, about 30 minutes.
Allow to cool to room temperature so the icing does melt off.
Whisk all the icing ingredients together until smooth.
Ice your loaf and slice into 15 portions. ENJOY!
6. Tropical Cheesecake Bread Pudding by Linda Bonwill
- 1 loaf Three Bakers White Bread, toasted and cubed
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup black cherries
- 1 cup kiwi, sliced thin
- Cube and toast bread on baking sheet for 10 mins at 350 degrees.
- While bread is toasting blend cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl add 8 eggs and coconut milk. Mix well. Put aside
- In large greased baking dish place 1/3 of the bread in bottom of the dish. Add 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, spreading across the bread. Add 1/3 of each fruit on top of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers with remaining bread and fruit.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over top of the last layer, covering all bread. Let soak and sit for 15-30 mins, or overnight. Bake for 45-50 mins or until slightly browned on top. Let sit for 20 mins before serving.
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 2 (8) ozs cream cheese, room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Whisk together in a bowl until completely blended.
When you’re hosting family and friends for any kind of gathering, you’re going to want to make sure everyone is satisfied with your food choices. Our gluten-free white bread can act as a dip receptacle or finger sandwich base, which makes it just about the perfect supplement to any party.
7. Smoked Salmon & Dill Tea Sandwiches by Amanda Kanashiro
Combine cream cheese, smoked salmon and dill with a little bit of lemon juice and this spread will be a quick favorite. Watch the recipe video here >>
8. Goat Cheese Coffee Fig Spread with GF Toast Triangles by Linda Bonwill
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 TBS Thyme
- 8 ozs goat cheese
- 3/4 cup strong espresso coffee, brewed and cooled (divided)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup figs, chopped
- 1 loaf Three Bakers White Bread
1. In small food processor add walnuts and thyme. Pulse a few times to reduce size of walnuts pieces. Spread on bottom of 4 inch springform pan. See Note
2. In small mixing bowl add cheese, coffee, garlic and onion. Mix well. Add to springform pan and spread evenly across top. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
3. Remove from springform pan and place on serving plate.
4. Drizzle balsamic glaze over top. Add sliced figs, chopped figs, thyme sprigs and chopped walnuts pieces.
Serve with Three Bakers White Bread triangles.
(Trim off crust, optional. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 mins, or until browned)
Note: If you do not have a springform pan you can mold goat cheese mixture into a ball in plastic wrap and chill.
9. Cheese Fondue
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup gluten free beer
- 2 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 8 ounces gouda, shredded
- Three Bakers bread, cubed
- Toss cheeses with gluten free flour.
- Heat oil in fondue pot.
- Add garlic.
- Add gluten free beer.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir well.
- Add cheeses, stir until melted.
- Serve with Three Bakers gluten free bread.
10. Mini Hot Dog and Cheese by Linda Bonwill
Fry or bake little hot dogs, to warm. Cube your favorite cheese. Place on toothpick with a slice of pickle and then top with cut out white bread circle.
Gluten-Free Holiday Recipes
The holidays are a time of year when you can layer on the flavor! We love these holiday recipes that are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
11. Eggnog French Toast by Angela Litzinger
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog or dairy free coconut milk based eggnog
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf Three Bakers Whole Grain White Bread
Whisk together eggnog, eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon. Pour into a shallow dish large enough to hold bread slices. (I use a dish that holds 3 slices of bread at a time as that is how many pieces of French toast my skillet can cook at the same time.)
Place bread in a single layer into the egg mixture. Allow to soak mixture for one minute. Flip bread and allow to soak for one minute longer. Place soaked bread into a preheated skillet that has a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil melted in it.
Cook French toast until golden brown. Using a spatula, flip the French toast over and cook the other side until golden. Set French toast aside on a warmed platter. Continue with remaining bread until all the French toast is cooked.
Serve Eggnog French Toast with warm Pear, Cranberry & Maple Topping.
Pear, Cranberry & Maple Topping
In this recipe, you will cook the pears for the topping lightly, remove from the pan and then add them back at the end. This helps the delicate pears retain their shape and not break down.
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 cup apple cider
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 bartlett pears, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
Whisk apple cider and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup together in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil, whisking often until reduced by about half. It should take about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Melt butter or coconut oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add pear, sautéing for two minutes. With a slotted spoon, spoon pear into a bowl, leaving pear juices and butter in pan. Set pears aside.
Add cranberries to pear juice in saucepan with remaining 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and reduced cider mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until cranberries have popped and broken down, about 6-8 minutes more. Stir in pears. Cook for one to 2 minutes until pears are heated through.
12. Panettone French Toast with Candied Citrus Syrup by Linda Bonwill
Candied Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup candied orange peel
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- In medium size sauce pan add water and sugar. Heat on med/high until sugar is dissolved, stiring.
- Add orange peel and raisins. Turn down heat and simmer until liquid is almost reduced down to half. Stir every 10 -15 mins.
- Add cinnamon stick and simmer for additional 10 mins.
- Add cream and stir. Serve over top of French Toast.
Garnish with dollop of mascarpone cheese and candied fruit.
French Toast Ingredients:
- 1 loaf Three Bakers White Bread
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 TBS butter, for griddle
- 8 ozs mascarpone cheese
Garnish: Candied Raspberries, blueberries and orange slices
French Toast Directions:
- In a medium size bowl beat together eggs, cream and salt.
- Heat griddle pan med/high heat. Melt butter on griddle. (If you are making french toast in separate batches, divide butter accordingly).
- Add each slice of bread into egg mixture. Flip and coat other side with egg mixture. Add coated bread to griddle. Cook for approx. 4 mins on each side or until it is golden brown, in color.
13. Peanut Butter Caramel Banana Starwich by Kerrin Sturchio
Step 1: Use pan on stove top to Caramelize sliced bananas, cinnamon, cane sugar, and buttery spray on medium heat. Set to side when done
Step 2: Spread a thin or generous amount of peanut butter on your bread (Three Bakers Whole Grain White Bread is a great choice!)
Step 3: Add caramelized bananas on top of peanut butter spread, drizzle your favorite honey and garnish with semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
Step 4: Enjoy your seasonal holiday starwich
Side Note: Use Cookie Cutter to get cut the bread into a star-like shape.
14. S’mores French Toast by Linda Bonwill
(National S’mores Day is a holiday, right?)
- 3 TBS butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Three Bakers Honey Graham Snackers, ground. Reserve 1/4 C for garnish
- 4 slices
- Three Bakers White Bread8 ozs Milk Chocolate Bar, divided in half
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half (24 halves)
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- whipped cream, optional
1. Heat Butter in large skillet on med/high heat
2. Beat eggs in bowl with vanilla, milk and cinnamon
3. In separate bowl add ground Graham Crumbs
4. Add a slice of bread to egg mixture, flip and coat other side. Repeat process for remaining slices of bread. Add slices to hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side, or until golden brown. 5. Add approx. 1/2 oz of chocolate to each slice. Top with 6 marshmallow halves. Toast for approx. 5 mins. or until marshmallows start to brown (to liking).
6. Drizzle with melted chocolate (or fudge topping)on top. Sprinkle with ground Graham Snackers.
Note: For less sweetness top only one slice of French Toast with marshmallows. Enclose with second slice of French Toast (without marshmallows)
Gluten-free white bread is such a wonderful basic bread to have on hand, not only for your favorite sandwiches, but as you can see, it can be recreated into just about any recipe that requires any bread. We hope you’ve been inspired by this roundup up gluten-free recipes!