Celebrating the last big holiday of the summer calls for a party. Hosting a gluten free Labor Day party is easy and no one will miss the gluten. A few simple gluten free food ideas and tips for serving them will have your guests returning for seconds. There are so many gluten free alternatives to replace the usual gluten-laden party foods.
Prepare Your Menu for a Memorable Gluten Free Labor Day Party
Fresh fruits and vegetables are perfectly fresh and ready to serve at any Labor Day party
- Serve a platter of strawberries, blueberries, melon, and pineapple.
- Chop your favorite fruits and put together a variety of fruit salsas.
- Savory fresh homemade salsas combine vegetables, legumes, herbs to enhance a flavorful adventure.
Skewer and grill
- Everything is more fun and manageable on a skewer.
- Brussel sprouts and mushrooms drizzled with balsamic vinegar and seasoned with garlic and lemon are wonderful grilled on a skewer.
- Chicken, beef, and pork tenderloin chunks on skewers are grilled bite size entree ideas.
- Grilled watermelon and pineapple on a skewer are delicious and an alternative to the usual fruit bowl.
Gluten free side dishes
- A healthy alternative to potato salad is a Lemon Dill Potato Salad which is sure to be a staple at all future gluten free Labor Day party events.
- Gluten free pasta mixed with beans, corn, avocado, and a cilantro infused lime vinaigrette is a refreshing side salad choice.
- Grill some sweet potato fries for a sweet and healthy nibble item.
Dessert is the crown of the party. Luckily there are many gluten free dessert ideas out there
- Gluten free chocolate cookies are a must, and these are super easy to serve up.
- A no bake éclair cake is a fabulous end to any gluten-free Labor Day party.
It is possible to have a delightfully memorable and delicious Labor Day party. Gluten free does not mean tasteless or deprivation. Your party menu coupled with the beautifully fresh, colorful, and flavorful items are sure to be a hit with everyone whether they are on a gluten free diet or not. The best tip for hosting a gluten-free Labor Day party is to have fun while serving your guests’ healthy food which looks and tastes like a party.