Summertime on the beach. What do you make and bring along, for family or friends to eat on the beach, for summertime fun? I wanted something easy, fun and cute that everyone would enjoy.
I had this terrific idea to pack chicken tacos, into little jars and serve on ice. You can prepare and pack these the night before, to save time. In the morning, just grab and go! These great tasting, whole grain pizza crusts are slightly thicker than tortilla shells.
They hold up great! Baked, and packed between all these delicious ingredients, and do not get soggy, after sitting for a long time.
I packed each crust between the drier ingredients like chicken and lettuce, but you may pack the ingredients in any order you desire… Regardless of the arrangement, they will taste great.
Pack on ice to keep cold. Bring on road trips, camping trips and/or boat trips also. Note: Some places might prohibit glass. These may also be made in plastic.
SECOND SURPRISE! Orange Spritzers
Keep everyone hydrated, in the hot summertime heat. Make these fun refreshing little drinks, to satisfy thirst. I made these drinks non-alcoholic but you can switch them up any way you choose.
Summer Food Ideas – Mexican Taco Jars & Orange Spritzers
Mexican Taco Ingredients
- 6 (8 oz) canning jars, with lids
- 1 pk Three Bakers Pizza Crusts
- 1 (2 inch) round cookie cutter
- 2 cups shredded or chopped chicken breast, cooked
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup diced tomatoes
1. Cut 24 circles with cookies cutter. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 4-5 mins @ 350 degrees 2. In small mixing bowl, toss cooked chicken with taco seasoning.
3. Place one baked pizza crust in bottom of each jar. Add two ingredients, one at a time, with baked pizza crusts between the layers and also leaving one for top, before sealing.
Note: Each pizza crust will make 12 cutouts if cut closely together.
Orange Spritzer in Jars
6 (8 oz) canning jars, with lids Orange Juice, pulp-free Sparkling Water
1. Add ice to each jar
2. Fill each jar 3/4 of the way with o.j.
3. Add sparkling water to fill to rim.
4. Shake and serve cold.
These spritzers can also be made into a slushy.
Other optional additions
- Vegetable Juice Fresh fruit or Veggies