Remember when we made an uncrustable PB & J sandwich? They were a huge hit with the kiddos and adults alike. We’ve taken it up another notch with this pizza pocket sandwich.
Fill with your favorite pizza toppings (we went with the classic- pepperoni and cheese), seal and bake!
The trick to keep these sandwiches crusty is to add the pizza sauce between the cheese and the pepperoni so that it doesn’t sit on the bread.
Gluten Free Sandwich Ideas – Pizza Pocket Sandwich
These sandwiches are so addicting! You are going to want to make at least two. They are the perfect midday pizza craving fix!
- 4 Slices Three Bakers Large Slice White Bread
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 teaspoons Pizza Sauce
- 6 Pepperoni slices
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add Mozzarella cheese to one slice of bread.
- Top with 2 teaspoons pizza sauce.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Top with a second slice of bread.
- Use a sandwich cutter or large rimmed cut to seal and press the sandwich.
- Mix together melted butter and garlic powder.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into butter mixture.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, turning the sandwich midway through.
Several years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which requires a strict gluten-free diet, it’s hard, but you CAN live gluten-free and not feel like your missing out! Follow along here at on my website at https://eatatourtable.com for all my recipes, tips and tricks for living gluten-free.