- BY Linda Bonwill
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Decisions, decisions! Don’t know what to make for that special Sunday breakfast? Sheesh!!!! How about trying this recipe for simple mini quiche? In just about a few minutes you will be able to whip up these simple ingredients and turn breakfast into a fulfilling one. No time for prepping in the morning? No problem…..make this the night before, cover and bake minutes before you need them.
I added cubes of Three Bakers Max Omega Bread into the quiche mixture, which is an excellent source of omega 3. It contains flax, chia, hemp, sesame and sunflower seeds. The bread gave these little delights a nice texture, also making them a very hardy and satisfying breakfast.
What I also like about these mini quiches is that you can also bake them and then freeze them until you are ready to eat them. Simply, store in a freezer safe container or bag and remove what you need. Pop in the microwave or toaster oven to heat them up. It’s that simple.
If you need to use up some extra veggies or other cheeses you have in the refrigerator, just add them into your bowl. Other ingredients I have used in the past are mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, Swiss cheese, American cheese, and Brie Cheese.
Gluten Free Quiche
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 6 eggs, large (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (Parmesan or Romano)
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
- 4 slices Three Bakers Max Omega, cubed
- 1 large ice cream scoop
- 1 (12 count) muffin tin.
- Heat butter and oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft (approx. 3-4 mins). Remove from heat and let cool
- In a medium-size bowl add eggs, milk, spinach, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add sauteed onions. Mix
- Cube the bread into approx. 1/2 inch cubes. Fold into egg mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease inside wells of the muffin tin. Fill scoop and evenly distribute into each tin, making 12 mini quiches. Let sit for at least 30 mins so the bread can absorb the egg. Top each quiche with a pinch of extra parmesan cheese.
- Bake for approx. 22-25 mins. Or until golden brown. Serve hot