Chicken cordon bleu is an American classic. Traditionally chicken breast is pounded thin, then rolled with ham and cheese, dipped in egg and bread crumbs and fried, which is delicious, but a bit complicated to make. With Three Baker’s Snackers we put a fun twist on this classic.
This easy version uses a gluten free cheese cracker crust and is made by butterflying the chicken and stuffing it, rather than pounding it out. The cheese snackers take the flavor profile to the next level while butterflying instead of pounding makes this recipe quick and easy to prepare.
Gluten Free Cheesy Chicken Cordon Bleu is the perfect dish to add to your meal rotation!
Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt and pepper
- 1 package Three Bakers Gluten Free Cheese Snackers, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 4 slices thin sliced ham
- 4 slices Swiss or provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Beat together eggs, dijon mustard and gluten free flour.
- Make two rolls with two pieces of ham and two pieces of cheese each.
- Stuff inside chicken and use toothpicks to close.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in crushed cheese crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, or until chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
Several years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which requires a strict gluten-free diet, it’s hard, but you CAN live gluten-free and not feel like your missing out! Follow along here at on my website at https://eatatourtable.com for all my recipes, tips and tricks for living gluten-free.