- BY Linda Bonwill
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
The club sandwich is also known as a clubhouse sandwich. It most likely got its name because of its popularity at resorts and country clubs.
The club sandwich is made with your choice of poultry (such as chicken, turkey or duck), crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, juicy ripe tomato, and creamy mayonnaise. It can be made with double layers, with an extra slice of bread separating the layers, and held together with hors d’oeuvre sticks.
Toasted bread or not, it is your preference, but this sandwich is the perfect combination of flavors, making it a meal all in itself. The club sandwich has been enjoyed by generation after generation and is certainly here to stay.
This sandwich makes a great “Road Trip” sandwich. Just prepare the ingredients and pack individually, to assure crispiness and freshness, that will last for hours, in a cooler.
Classic Club Sandwich Recipe (Gluten Free Version)
- 1 loaf Three Bakers MaxOmega Bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb poultry, sliced
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups Romain lettuce, sliced
1. Generously spread approx. 1 tsp mayo on three slices of bread. Add one slice of turkey on two of the pieces of bread. Add 1 slice of bacon, split in half, to each slice of bread. Top with lettuce and tomato slices. Add one of the sandwiches to the top of other sandwich. Place the third slice of bread on top, mayo side down.
2. Add four toothpicks to the sandwich to secure. Slice into four quarters. Serve.
Recipe makes approx. 10 sandwiches.