Back to school Already? Get their mornings starting right with some yummy treats to pack into their lunch boxes. These delicious treats will become a regular favorite; your children will not be able to wait to eat. These roll ups are unique because they made with Three Bakers Gluten Free White Bread, stuffed with fresh strawberries and rolled in ground up Three Bakers Gluten Free Chocolate Snackers, making these little babies delicious with a slightly sweet crunch. But don’t stop here. Switch them up! How about spreading some creamy peanut butter with a dollop of their favorite jelly. You could also try some spreadable cheese with diced up ham, then roll in some ground up Three Bakers Cheddar Cheese Snackers.
Now, let’s talk about the skewers. Stack cubes of turkey, chicken, ham or roast beef with any type of cheese. Then add the bacon, because everyone loves bacon. Let them choose
the varieties and put them together. It makes eating lunch more enjoyable.
Gluten Free School Lunch Ideas
Chocolate Strawberry Roll Up
Makes 10 Roll Ups
- 10 slices gluten free white bread, warm
- 10 TBS cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 Ripe strawberries, diced
- 8 TBS butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate, Chocolate Chip Snackers
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cut crust off bread. Warm in microwave for 10 seconds. With a small rolling pin, roll each slice thin. Spread each piece with 1 TBS cream cheese. Sprinkle 1 tsp diced strawberries over top. Carefully fold up like jelly roll.
- Bake or toast for 5 mins.
- Brush with melted butter. Roll into crust mixture. (Crust Mixture Recipe: Grind all together, place in bowl)
Turkey Club Skewers
Makes 10 Skewers
- 5 slices gluten free white bread
- 10 ( 1 inch cube) turkey
- 10 (1 inch cube ) cheese
- 10 ( 1 inch piece) bacon
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 10 sticks (found at any craft store)
- With small round cookie cut, cut out 20 circles from bread
- To assemble: Place one piece of bread on stick. Slide down stick, leaving approx. 1 inch from bottom. Place one piece each of turkey, cheese and bacon through stick, ending with a second piece of bread.
- 4 ozs cream cheese
- 4 TBS caramel sauce
- Optional ( 1 TBS powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla)
Looking for more gluten free lunch ideas? Be sure to follow all our recipes!