- BY Linda Bonwill
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Food, Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Some more s’mores please!
Who remembers the taste of that sweet, chocolatey, roasted marshmallow treat sandwiched between two graham crackers you made, as a child over a crackling campfire?
You probably still make them with your children now. Well, no need for an outdoor campfire To make these summertime favorites. For National S’mores day I wanted to bring you a special treat. I took this famous little dessert and turned it into a hearty and very satisfying plate of goodness. Serve it opened faced or double layered, that choice is up to you. But don’t skimp on the chocolate. Pour it on!
This year, National S’mores Day (yes, it’s a real holiday!) is celebrated on August 10th.
GF S’mores French Toast
S’MORES FRENCH TOAST
- 3 TBS butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Three Bakers Honey Graham Snackers, ground. Reserve 1/4 C for garnish
- 4 slices
- Three Bakers White Bread8 ozs Milk Chocolate Bar, divided in half
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half (24 halves)
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- whipped cream, optional
1. Heat Butter in large skillet on med/high heat
2. Beat eggs in bowl with vanilla, milk and cinnamon
3. In separate bowl add ground Graham Crumbs
4. Add a slice of bread to egg mixture, flip and coat other side. Repeat process for remaining slices of bread. Add slices to hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side, or until golden brown. 5. Add approx. 1/2 oz of chocolate to each slice. Top with 6 marshmallow halves. Toast for approx. 5 mins. or until marshmallows start to brown (to liking).
6. Drizzle with melted chocolate (or fudge topping)on top. Sprinkle with ground Graham Snackers.
Note: For less sweetness top only one slice of French Toast with marshmallows. Enclose with second slice of French Toast (without marshmallows)