- BY Angela Litzinger
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Happy National Sandwich Day! What a better way to celebrate than to make a warm, melty Panini? A Panini is a grilled, pan-warmed, pressed Italian sandwich. Grilling elevates a basic sandwich by warming the ingredients making it more substantial and satisfying than a cold sandwich. While most Panini sandwiches contain cheese, you can replace with your favorite dairy free cheese alternative, sliced avocado or a dollop of hummus. Fill your Panini with your favorite fillings and grill away.
Here are 8 gluten-free grilled Panini ideas you can use today – or any day of the year!
In a Panini press: Preheat the press. Add your sandwich and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
On the stove: Preheat a skillet with butter or oil to medium low. Add sandwich and press a heavy pan on top to weigh it down. Cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Roast Beef and Onion Panini: Spread Dijon mustard on Rye Style Whole Grain Bread. Layer gruyere cheese, roasted beef, and caramelized onions.
- Antipasti Panini: On Great Seed Whole Grain and 7 Seed Bread, spread olive tapenade, and layer provolone, marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, sliced salami and minced fresh parsley.
- Ham and Cheese Panini: On 7 Ancient Grains Whole Grain Bread, layer thinly sliced ham, pineapple rings and fresh spinach leaves with Swiss cheese.
- Muffaletta Panini: on a Whole Grain Hoagie Roll layer pitted olives, soppressata salmi, fontina or provolone cheese, peppadew peppers and arugula
- Turkey Reuben Panini: On Rye Style Whole Grain Bread spread Russian dressing, and layer thinly sliced turkey, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese.
- Mozzarella & Veggie Panini: On Maxomega Whole Grain and 5 Seed Bread, spread pesto, olive tapenade, mozzarella, roasted red peppers and a sliced of grilled eggplant.
- Tuna Melt Panini: On White Whole Grain Bread, layer tuna salad, sliced tomato and cheddar.
- Fig and Apple Panini: Spread fig paste on Cinnamon Raisin Whole Grain Bread, Layer thinly sliced apple and goat cheese.
Grab your favorite gluten-free breads – and save $2.00 off your first purchase – here!