Summer is near! And, you know what that means… picnicking with your favorite people. It’s time to embrace the warm weather and take your meals outside. These delicious gluten free sandwich ideas are quick to make, easy to pack and delicious to eat (especially outdoors).
Gluten Free Sandwiches to Picnic With All Summer Long
1. BLT with Avocado by Angela Litzinger
- Your favorite Three Bakers gluten free bread, such as 7 Ancient Grains or Rye Style
- 1 to pound of bacon, pork or turkey, cooked until crisp
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- lettuce, such as romaine or a mix of greens gluten and dairy free mayonnaise, to taste
- gluten free mustard, to taste
Slice tomatoes. Peel and slice avocados. Toast gluten free bread.
Spread with mayo and mustard on bread as desired. Top one slice of bread with bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado slices. Add second slice and enjoy!
2. Healthy Gluten Free Tuna Sandwich by Emily Fabian
- 1 Can Albacore Tuna
- 1 T Chopped Onions
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 T Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 T Salted Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Optional Add-ins: Celery, raisins, grapes
- Three Bakers Rye Style Whole Grain Bread
- Dijon Mustard
For the Salad
- Balsamic Dressing
- Drain your tuna, and empty into a mixing bowl
- ‘Shred’ with a fork and add in the remaining ingredients
- Mix together until well combined, and add to your sandwich bread with other desired condiments
- ***I always toast my gluten free bread, because I store it in the freezer***
3. Italian Garden Sandwich by Kerrin Sturchio
(serves 2 – multiply as necessary)
- Three Bakers Rye Style Bread
- 1 small zucchini sliced lengthwise ½ inch
- 1 red pepper cut in quarters lengthwise
- 2 Portobello mushrooms sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive
- Balsamic glaze drizzle
- Salt and pepper
- Using a pastry brush, brush vegetables
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables on a hot grill and cook until they are tender.
- Once vegetables are done place accordingly on toasted Three Bakers Bread with balsamic drizzle & get ready to indulge.
4. Green Goddess Sandwich by Linda Bonwill
Green Sauce Ingredients
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 TBS green onions
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tsp jalepeno
- 2 TBS cider vinegar
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 4 limes, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Gluten free bread
- red pepper hummus
- green sauce
- Combine and enjoy!
5. Classic Club by Linda Bonwill
- 1 loaf Three Bakers MaxOmega Bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb poultry, sliced
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups Romain lettuce, sliced
1. Generously spread approx. 1 tsp mayo on three slices of bread. Add one slice of turkey on two of the pieces of bread. Add 1 slice of bacon, split in half, to each slice of bread. Top with lettuce and tomato slices. Add one of the sandwiches to the top of other sandwich. Place the third slice of bread on top, mayo side down.
2. Add four toothpicks to the sandwich to secure. Slice into four quarters. Serve.
Recipe makes approx. 10 sandwiches.
6. Gluten Free Banh Mi Sandwich by Linda Bonwill
- 1/4 cup gluten free fish sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded radish
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon gluten free chili-garlic sauce of choice
- oil, for broiling
- Three Bakers Gluten Free Hoagie Rolls
- thinly sliced seedless cucumber for sandwich
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
To make the pork: In a zip-closure freezer bag combine fish sauce, shallot, honey, ginger, garlic and pepper. Close bag and mix around until ingredients are combined. Open bag and add pork tenderloin. Remove as much air as possible. Put in refrigerator and marinate at least an hour, up to overnight.
When ready to cook tenderloin, place on an oiled rimmed baking sheet. Broil tenderloin, flipping partway through cooking for even browning, until pork registers 145 degrees F with a meat thermometer at its thickest part. Let park rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
While pork is cooking, make slaw: Combing carrots, radish, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, up to 4 hours before serving.
Make spicy mayo: mix together mayonnaise and sambal oelek. Cover and chill until ready to use.
To assemble sandwiches: Toast Three Bakers Hoagie Rolls. Spread with spicy mayo. Top with thinly sliced cucumber, thin sliced pork and carrot-radish slaw. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
We hope you enjoy these tasty gluten free sandwich ideas for your summer picnics! Don’t forget to tag us in your 3B Instas at @threebakersglutenfree