Take a trip to the Tropical Islands with this very moist, fruity dessert. Layers of cheesecake filling and fruit tucked between toasted cubes of bread soaked in an egg and coconut milk mixture. This Spring/Summer dessert is so simple to make. Put it together the day before and bake the next day, if time is short. Eat this cake warm or cold but don’t forget to serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. For an additional treat try adding some toasted coconut to each serving. Either way, this is a very light treat, everyone will enjoy.
Gluten Free Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf Three Bakers White Bread, toasted and cubed
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup black cherries
- 1 cup kiwi, sliced thin
- Cube and toast bread on baking sheet for 10 mins at 350 degrees.
- While bread is toasting blend cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl add 8 eggs and coconut milk. Mix well. Put aside
- In large greased baking dish place 1/3 of the bread in bottom of the dish. Add 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, spreading across the bread. Add 1/3 of each fruit on top of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers with remaining bread and fruit.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over top of the last layer, covering all bread. Let soak and sit for 15-30 mins, or overnight. Bake for 45-50 mins or until slightly browned on top. Let sit for 20 mins before serving.
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 2 (8) ozs cream cheese, room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Whisk together in a bowl until completely blended.