Looking for an appetizer for a hungry crowd? Try our Apple Chicken Sausage Flatbread! Three
Bakers Gluten Free Pizza Crusts make quick work of this simple appetizer. You can prep each
of the components ahead of time and assemble just before serving, saving time in the kitchen
during your gathering.
Three Bakers Apple Chicken Sausage Flatbread
Makes 12 appetizer servings
- 2 Three Bakers Gluten Free Pizza Crusts
- 2 apple and chicken sausage link, be sure gluten free
- 1 crisp, sweet apple, such as Opal or Gala
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- finely minced fresh Italian parsley and chives, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pizza crusts for 8-10 minutes on baking sheet until crisp and edges are golden. Let crust cool to room temperature.
Using the whisk attachment of your mixer, mix together the cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper. Whip cream cheese mixture, scraping down sides of bowl as needed until light
Core and thinly slice apple; toss with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice. Slice sausage links and cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
Spread whipped cream cheese on cooled pizza crusts. Top with sausage and apple slices. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.