- BY Linda Bonwill
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
The Crab Cake is composed of Crab Meat and other various ingredients, such as bread or crackers, mayonnaise, eggs, spices, and seasonings. The Cake can be broiled, baked, fried or grilled and then served on a roll, as a sandwich or plated, as the main entree or even as an appetizer.
Crab Cakes are popular in the States of Maryland, Virginia, New England and the Gulf Coast. The choice of meat would be the Blue Crab. They are also well known on the Pacific Coast, where the choice of meat there would be the Dungeness Crab. I adapted the traditional Crab Cake to create my own version, which I believe came out amazing. I love the addition of Three Bakers Max Omega bread, making this recipe totally gluten free.
The savory taste of added cilantro and lime juice makes the “BEST” Crab Cake “EVER”. I couldn’t decide to make a sauce or salsa, so I made both. The sauce is a little bit spicy, with a dash of sweetness and pairs so well together. Serve the Mango Salsa on the side or on the Sandwich, it’s up to you. Either way, you will certainly enjoy making this sandwich over and over again.
Gluten Free Crab Cake Sandwich Recipe
Crab Cake Ingredients:
- 1 lb crab meat
- 4 Slices gluten free bread such as Three Baker’s Max Omega, cubed
- 1/4 c Mayo
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/4 c Red Bell Peppers, diced
- 2 TBS Scallions, chopped
- 2 TBS Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Seafood Seasoning
- 1 TBS lime Juice
- Cooking oil
1. Add all ingredients to medium size bowl. Mix well.
2. Heat oil on med/high heat in skillet.
3. Mold approx. 1/2 cup of crab cake mixture into patties. Fry 4 mins. on each side. Drain on paper towels to absorb excess grease.
Spicy Mayo Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, small
- 2 TBS Hot Sauce
- 1 TBS Honey
Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Chill
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 16 ozs Mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBS Lime Juice
Mix all ingredients in medium size bowl. Chill