Halloween is right around the corner, and with festivities typically including collecting candies from more-often-than-not mainstream friends and neighbors, it is a good idea to be armed with a good list of gluten-free choices, to know which ones are safe.
Fortunately, more and more manufacturers are identifying which of their products contain gluten and which do not. This makes it much easier than ever before to know ahead of time what you can eat. We have identified these resources which include the latest U.S. gluten-free lists of candies, plus links to manufacturers’ websites.
Here are the gluten free candy resources:
Some other ways to stay gluten-free involves a little creativity and some common sense. Think about these ideas to have a celebratory Halloween.
- Buy back up gluten-free candy (using the resources above) that kids may trade for.
- Consider toys! Toys can sometimes be even more exciting than candy.
- Host a party that doesn’t focus on the candy, but more on the other fun things you can do to celebrate Halloween.
- Bake your own gluten-free treats such as Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze (yummy!)
Additionally, we’ve published a few fun Halloween posts that you may find helpful.
- 9 Super Fun Gluten Free Halloween Recipes
- Our List of 291 Gluten Free Halloween Treats and Candies for a Safe Holiday
- 7 Gluten Free Halloween Treats Everyone Will Enjoy
- Gluten Free Halloween Recipe – Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Dip
Gluten free candy doesn’t have to bring on a scary situation. With a little forethought and planning you and your little trick-or-treaters can have a safe and delicious Halloween.