What is a casserole? A casserole is a one-dish meal, baked in the oven. It has several ingredients that bake all together, in a large casserole dish. It can include meats, veggies, potatoes,
rice, pasta and varieties of cheeses. Casseroles are big time savers. They are also a good way to use up leftovers, sitting in the fridge.
I had some gluten free stuffing mix on hand, so decided to whip some up. Three Bakers Stuffing mix comes already seasoned with everything you need. All I had to do was boil a bit of water, add mix……done! How simple was that?
One night I needed a quick meal, but also did not have a lot of time. I just happened to have all of the ingredients of my favorite meal, turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. I served this super easy meal to my family, in no time at all.
Gluten Free Stuffing Casserole
- 2 TBS cooking oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 box Three Bakers Stuffing Prepared (divided)
- 3 cups turkey or chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup grated cheese ( I use Pecorino Romano)
- 16 ozs Fontina Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce, whole
1. In small skillet heat oil and butter on medium high heat. Add onions and celery. Cook until soft, approx. 10 – 15 mins. Add garlic and cook for additional 2 mins, stirring. Put aside.
2. In large mixing bowl add 3 cups prepared stuffing, turkey, cheeses, broth and parsley. Fold 3. Add to baking dish. Add remaining stuffing on top. Add scoops of cranberry sauce on top of casserole, spacing approx. 2 inches apart. Bake for 20 – 25 mins. in 350 degree preheated oven.