24 Feb 2020
- BY ShanaP
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
French toast is one of those things that I thought I would never be able to enjoy again. I WAS WRONG. These gluten-free French Toast Roll Ups put a smile of my face and I hope they do the same for you. They are the PERFECT way to spice up a Sunday morning breakfast, quicker than it sounds and the sweet breakfast you are craving. So this weekend go get yourself these ingredients and make a batch to try!
Gluten-Free French Toast Roll Ups
- 6 slices of Three Bakers Large Slice White Bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- splash of almond milk
- maple syrup
(optional for coating)
- 1/2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter and use a fork to mix in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Should make a paste like appearance then, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together your milk, egg and vanilla extract. set aside.
- If wanting to coat them in sugar. In a third bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Take your bread and cut the crusts off, then roll them out with a rolling pin until thin and flat.
- Spread a layer of the butter mixture and roll tightly but be gentle! (do this to all the slices)
- Place 1 tbsp of butter in a pan on medium heat, then take your roll ups and dip them into the egg mixture and place in pan. About 2 minutes a side should get them to that nice golden brown color we want.
- Remove from pan and roll them in that extra sugar mixture and serve with maple syrup.
Let me know how you like these gluten-free French Toast Roll Ups!
My name is Shana Pereira. 6 years ago, I was diagnosed will Celiacs Disease. At the time I was diagnosed, I felt disappointed and even distraught. However, through my diagnosis, I was able to find my love and passion for cooking— leading me here! Follow along on my Instagram page @goodtobe_glutenfree as I continue creating new content and providing yummy gluten free recipe ideas! I also love to travel so when I do I post meals and restaurants from the places I have been!