How to feed a crowd. What do you serve when you have many dinner guests coming for a visit? You want to serve something satisfying and of course, delicious. With so much to do lately, I decided to make this simple stuffed pork chop recipe. I almost went with chicken but hey, we haven’t had pork in a while. The coating mix was made in the morning and took only about 3 minutes to pulse together. I stored the mixture in a baggie until ready to use later that day.
While shopping for nice pork chops I couldn’t find ones I liked so I decided to just buy a whole pork loin. This is a nice tip because pork loins are cheaper to buy. Cut what you need and freeze what is left over. Now onto the stuffing…
My original thought was to do a cheesy stuffing. Many times when using shredded cheese you lose a lot of the cheese during cooking because it oozes out. Since I also needed breading for the stuffing, I decided to use cheesy crackers instead. This gave me the cheddar cheese taste I was looking for in the recipe and also the texture, for the stuffing. I also used the cheddar crackers for the outside of the pork chop. It gave my chops a nice crispy crunch and also looked so pretty. I used Three Bakers Cheddar Cheese Snackers. They have the right amount of flavor needed, and they are gluten free. The butternut squash was the perfect veggie to add to the stuffing. The color combo was amazing.
Serve these chops with a side of homemade applesauce, salad or potatoes.
What would you serve as a side dish with these delicious pork chops?
Note: Stuffing can also be made ahead of time. Refrigerate and remove when needed.
Stuffed Pork Chop Recipe
- 6-8 pork chops, boneless (cut 1 1/2 inch each)
- 1 recipe coating mix. See recipe below
- 2 TBS cooking oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups(10 ozs) butternut squash, riced ( I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 2 TBS sage, chopped fine
- 1 cup Three Bakers Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 4.5 ozs Three Bakers Cheddar Cheese Snackers, ground
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, course
- 1 egg, beaten
- Slice a slit in the center of each chop, not cutting through to back end.
- Coat each chop in coating mixture, covering entire chop completely. Place on baking sheet.
- In large skillet, heat oil and butter on medium heat. Add celery and onions. Cook until soft approx. 15 mins. Add garlic and stir.
- Add squash, parsley and sage. Stir and cook for additional 5 mins.
- Add crumbs and ground cheddar snackers. Stir to combine all ingredients in skillet. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and let cool. (approx. 15 mins). Note: I add to separate bowl to cool faster.
- Add beaten egg. Fold into mixture.
- Stuff approx. 1/3 stuffing into each chop.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35-40 mins, or until cooked
Pork-Chop Coating Mixture:
- 4.5 oz Three Bakers Cheddar Cheese Snackers
- 2/3 cups Three Bakers Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 2 TBS Parsley
Directions for Coating:
- Add all ingredients to food processor. Pulse together until well blended. Add contents to bowl.