- BY Linda Bonwill
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Summertime is filled with lots of fun things to do but requires some planning. Do you have a long weekend planned to visit family or friends? Have you been wanting to just relax by a cozy campfire, listening to the crackling, popping and sizzling noises? Or how about that trip to the beach to build sandcastles, the kids have been bugging you about? Maybe you just want to take a nice ride through the mountains, to appreciate the majestic views. The one thing in common is, we all need to eat, right? We want to spend more time enjoying the summer rather than cooking.
Here is a great summertime meal that can be turned into sandwiches, so many different ways. Bake this meatloaf and take it along with your favorite variety of Three Bakers Bread.
GF Recipes – Italian Meatloaf Sandwiches
- 6 slices Three Bakers 7 Ancient Grain Bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup grated cheese (I use Pecorino Romano)
- 1/2 cup each fresh parsley and basil, chopped fine
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs ground beef, or other ground meat
Additional Topping Ideas:
- BBQ Sauce
- Cooked Egg
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Sautéed Onions and Mushrooms
- Raw Red Onion
1. In large bowl add bread (broken up into small pieces. Add milk and mix together. Let sit for 15 mins for bread to absorb milk.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except meat. Fold together until all ingredients are well blended.
3. Add meat. Fold until well blended.
4. Add greased baking dish. (13 x 9 inch). Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for approx. 45 mins, or until done.