- BY Angela Litzinger
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
For Homemade Soup Day warm up with a quick and easy soup. Curried Carrot Soup uses only a handful of ingredients, but is packed with flavor. Served with Three Bakers Club Sandwich Skewers and you have a meal worth celebrating!
Simple Curried Carrot Soup serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into rounds 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Minced fresh cilantro, for garnish
Heat your oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, and curry powder. Cook until the onion is translucent and soft. Stir often to prevent scorching.
Add the vegetable broth and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover. Simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk.
Use a blender to puree the soup in batches until smooth. While blending, don’t fill the blender more than halfway. The hot mixture will expand. Remove the center cap of the blender lid and cover with a towel to release steam without releasing splatters. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree soup. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Pour soup into bowls. Garnish with minced fresh cilantro and serve with Club Sandwich Skewers.
Gluten Free Club Sandwich Skewers Serves 4
- 4 slices Three Bakers gluten free Rye Style Bread, toasted
- 4 slices cheese or dairy free cheese alternative
- slices American cheese
- 4 slices gluten free turkey deli meat
- 4 slices gluten free ham deli meat
- 4 to 8 bamboo skewers,depending on length of skewers
- 8 to 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 leaves green lettuce
- pickles, optional
- olives, optional
Cut toast in half lengthwise; cut each half into 3 even squares. Cut cheese, turkey and ham into similar-size squares.
On skewers, thread bread, cheese, turkey, ham, lettuce, tomato, pickles and olives. Serve with Simple Curried Carrot Soup.