This super easy, delicious, four-cheese meal is guaranteed to amaze your family, and wow your brunch guests. It offers layers of smokey gooey cheese and offers sweet butternut squash in every bite. Topped with crushed Real Cheddar Snackers for a nice crunch, this dish is balanced and satisfying!
Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Gluten Free Cheese Crackers
- 2 TBS oil
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, large, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed, cooked
- 2 cups whole milk, warm
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb American Cheese
- 1 lb Smoked Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 lb gluten free elbows, cooked and drained
- 1 – 4.5 oz pkg Three Bakers Real Cheddar Cheese Snackers
1. In large skillet heat oil and butter on med/high heat. Add onions, cook for 6-8 mins. Add garlic and cook for additional 2 mins. Add butternut squash and cook for 10 mins, stirring. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add milk and broth, heat for 3-5 mins. Stir. Reduce temperature to medium. Add cheese and melt. Stir until completely blended.
3. Add cooked pasta to skillet. Toss well.
4. Add mac and cheese to a 12 x 8 baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed cheese snackers. Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven.