- BY Linda Bonwill
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Prepare to discover your new favorite sandwich… a blackberry bacon grilled cheese on gluten free bread! The perfect combination of sweet, salty, creamy goodness!
Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese on Gluten Free Bread
- 8 slices of 7 Ancient Grains Bread
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 16 slices Fontina Cheese (8 ozs)
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place bread, buttered side down, in hot non-stick skillet (med/high heat).
2. Add 4 – 5 blackberries on each slice.
3. Add two slices of fontina cheese (or other good melting cheese) on top of blackberries.
4. Add approx. 1 tsp chopped basil on top of cheese.
5. Add two small pieces of bacon
6. Add more blackberries
7. Add two more slices of cheese, then top with additional slice of bread (buttered side up).
8. Grill until golden brown, approx. 3-4 mins. Flip and brown remaining side.
Makes 4 Sandwiches
Additional Flavor Idea: Sautéed Onions
Want a lightened up version?