A trip to the Farmer’s Market! I look forward to this time of year when so many varieties of fresh fruit are available. So, I stocked my basket with everything I can get my hands on. I grabbed some red juicy strawberries, yellow ripe bananas, and golden pineapples. I knew exactly what I would make. I decided to make two versions of a French Toast. I thought how much fun it would be to create a healthy breakfast French Toast and also a dessert French Toast. The breakfast could be served with fresh fruit. The dessert version can include your favorite ice cream and other fun toppings.
Banana Split GF French Toast
- 4 slices Three Bakers Great Seed Bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 TBS milk
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 TBS cooking oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 cup banana, slightly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple
Additional Ingredients, optional:
- Favorite Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Snackers
- Carob Morsels or Dark Choc Chips
- Choc Syrup
- Whipped Cream
1. Place bread on small plate
2. Add eggs and milk to small bowl, beat.
3. Heat a medium size non stick pan on med/high. Add oil and butter. When butter is melted swirl pan to evenly coat bottom.
4. Dip one slice of bread into egg mixture. Quickly flip to coat other side. Do not let bread get too wet
5. Place coated slice into preheated pan. Quickly coat remaining slices with egg mixture. Add to pan. Flip each piece when slightly golden brown in color. Add additional butter, if needed. Each side should take approximately 30-45 seconds.
5. Add your favorite toppings