- BY Angela Litzinger
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Topped with crunchy slaw and piled high on Three Bakers gluten free Whole Grain Hamburger Buns, pulled pork is the perfect slow cooking dish for Fall. This warm and comforting recipe is so easy to pop into the slow cooker in the morning before a busy day and yields enough pulled pork for extra servings on another day. Got to love that! The creamy slaw used to top the sandwiches gives a bit of crunch and sweetness, but also makes a great side dish.
Don’t eat pork? No problem! Replace the pork roast with the same amount of boneless, skinless chicken thighs that have been trimmed and cook as directed.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Creamy Coleslaw
Serves 8 with left overs for another meal
Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
- 2 medium onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika 2 tablespoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten free prepared mustard
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 11⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 pounds fresh boneless pork roast, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 packages gluten free Three Bakers Whole Grain Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 cup gluten free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 small green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 small red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
In a slow cooker, stir together onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, tomato paste, paprika, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic, and pepper. Add pork to sauce mixture in crock, turning to coat well with sauce. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender.
Transfer pork to a large bowl or rimmed platter. Pull pork into shreds with 2 forks, discarding any fat that needs to be removed. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and toss with thickened sauce to combine.
Make creamy coleslaw: In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add sliced cabbage. Mix cabbage with sauce until well combined.
Assemble sandwiches: Spoon pulled pork onto the bottom half of the Three Bakers Whole Grain Hamburger Buns. Top with a scoop of coleslaw and the bun tops. Serve remaining coleslaw on the side.
Freeze any remaining pork for another meal.