Feast your eyes on this!!! What can I say…this little appetizer was the most Picture – Perfect spread to serve, at our latest gathering. And tasty too. Everyone loved the combination of flavors of the savory and sweet. The bread toasts worked perfect with the spread, since they were
cut into little triangles, making them easy to grab, spread or dip.
So go ahead and dive right in. Everyone else did.
Goat Cheese Coffee Fig Spread with GF Toast Triangles
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 TBS Thyme
- 8 ozs goat cheese
- 3/4 cup strong espresso coffee, brewed and cooled (divided)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup figs, chopped
- 1 loaf Three Bakers White Bread
1. In small food processor add walnuts and thyme. Pulse a few times to reduce size of walnuts pieces. Spread on bottom of 4 inch springform pan. See Note
2. In small mixing bowl add cheese, coffee, garlic and onion. Mix well. Add to springform pan and spread evenly across top. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
3. Remove from springform pan and place on serving plate.
4. Drizzle balsamic glaze over top. Add sliced figs, chopped figs, thyme sprigs and chopped walnuts pieces.
Serve with Three Bakers White Bread triangles.
(Trim off crust, optional. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 mins, or until browned)
Note: If you do not have a springform pan you can mold goat cheese mixture into a ball in plastic wrap and chill.