It’s that time of year again…..Stuffing! What are you going to make with all that leftover stuffing? Well, if you are making a box of Three Bakers Stuffing Mix, you might want to make extra because it will not last long, in your house. I decided to try something different. I combined all of my favorite ingredients together and stuffed them into a roasted pumpkin. This was a big hit with my family. It looked so pretty sitting in the center of my table too. You may add extra ingredients, such as sugar and cinnamon, but trust me… Three Bakers makes it so easy, with their stuffing. It is already jam packed with flavor, it is not necessary to add a thing.
Try some today and let us know how you enjoyed it.
Apple & Brie Stuffed Roasted Pumpkin
- 1 sweet pie pumpkin (sugar pumpkin), (Roasted: See “How to Roast a Pumpkin” below)
- 1 box Three Bakers Stuffing (cooked according to directions)
- 2 TBS butter
- 3 small sweet baking apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS sugar (optional) I did not add this
- 8 ozs brie cheese, cubed
- Place pumpkin in microwave on safe plate. Cook for approx. 8 mins to soften.
- Slice pumpkin in half. Remove seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.Place face down (skin facing up) onto sheet pan. Roast in 350 degree oven for 45 mins.
- Make stuffing according to directions on box. Put aside
- Saute apples with butter in skillet, for 3 mins. (medium heat) Season with 1/8 tsp salt.
- Toss apples and brie cheese with 1/2 of the stuffing. Fold to incorporate. Stuff into roasted pumpkin.
- 6. Cover with aluminum foil. Return to oven and bake for an additional 30 mins Note: I only used 1/2 box of stuffing for this recipe
How to Roast a Pumpkin
I start with a small sweet Sugar Pumpkin (also known as a Pie Pumpkin). The pulp or flesh of a Sugar Pumpkin is meatier and less grainy or stringy than a large pumpkin. I kick-start the cooking process, by microwaving the pumpkins. This method will allow slicing the pumpkins, more easily. Simply place in microwave whole, lining with parchment paper or microwavable safe dish. Cook on high heat for approx. 10 mins.
Slice pumpkins in half and place on lined baking sheet, inside faced up. Scrap out the insides. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip pumpkin halves upside down, allowing oil to coat bottom of baking sheet.
Note: If using pumpkin for sweet dishes such as pie, omit pepper.
Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour at 350 degrees. Pumpkin will be golden brown and ready to eat. Peel skin off, cube and store in a good sealed container.
Pumpkin can also be frozen, until ready to use.