THE SECRET IS OUT!!! Treat your family to these amazingly moist, Italian Meatballs. What is the key to a moist meatball? Lean meat will get tough during cooking. Prevent this from happening with two “secret” methods: adding eggs and ricotta cheese and adding soaked bread as a binder. The eggs and ricotta will keep them moist and the soaked bread will prevent meatballs from shrinking and becoming tough. (Shhh! Don’t tell anyone!) For an exciting addition, we used Three Baker’s Great Seed Bread for a little crunch. You’ll wish National Meatball Day (celebrated every March 9th) came around more often.
Get the recipe here!
Gluten Free Meatballs Recipe – Nutty Italian
- 8 slices of Three Baker’s Great Seed Bread (or other T.B. bread)
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 2 pounds ground beef (lean)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese (whole milk)
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 TBS dry parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for frying