Do you want to make the best chicken parmesan sandwich ever? It all starts with crispy fried chicken cutlets, smothered in tomato sauce then topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. In Italian, it is called Pollo Alla Parmigiana. I like to call it just Chicken Parm. Put this between two slices of fresh bread, to create this Italian – American favorite. Now, how to achieve a moist crispy piece of chicken? I will give you my secret. Coat your chicken with flour. By following this tip you will be locking in the juices.
Next, dip your chicken in egg and then completely cover in seasoned breadcrumbs. After frying, you will have created that crunchy texture, we are all craving for. It will be impossible at this point, not to steal a piece. But don’t eat too many! You will want to make sure you have enough to assemble these delicious sandwiches.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- 1 lb chicken tenders or breast, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup season breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil
- 8 ozs sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Slices of Three Bakers gluten free bread, toasted optional
1. Season chicken with salt.
2. Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls
3. Coat chicken in flour. Dip in egg and then in bread crumb
4. In a large frying pan add cooking oil and heat on high/medium temperature
5. Carefully Place chicken in hot oil, leaving space between each piece. Cook 4-5 mins on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and let rest on paper towels to absorb excess grease for 5 mins
6. Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken and greased baking pan. Topped with tomato sauce and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Bake for five minutes or until cheese has melted.
Serve on sliced bread, toasted optional
Serve with pesto
Walnut Basil Pesto Recipe:
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
1. Add all ingredients to mini food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add extra olive oil if needed.