We have heard of french fries or potato chips stuffed inside of a burger, right? What about Mac and Cheese? This burger has been popping up on menus everywhere. I decided I needed to hop into the game and try one for myself. This burger fits right up there, in the big league. The added sautéed onions gives a punch, with it’s big and bold taste, adding great texture and flavor.
Who could resist the ooey, gooey goodness of this cheesy comfort meal? It will make your family screaming for more. Have little time? Make burgers and Mac and Cheese ahead of time.
Heat, and serve when ready to eat. Your family will thank you.
Gluten Free Burger Recipe: Mac and Cheese Stuffed Burger
Mac and Cheese Recipe:
- 8 ozs gluten free elbow pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound american cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
NOTE: This recipe makes more than enough for burgers. Eat as a side, or Refrigerate for later.
Directions for Mac and Cheese:
1. Cook pasta, drain.
2. To Make Cheese Sauce: In medium size pan heat Cheeses, cream and butter on med/low heat. Stir until completely melted. Add drained pasta, stir.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups mac and cheese. See recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, sautéed
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 slices Three Bakers Great Seed Bread
- Favorite condiments
1. Season and separated beef into 4 patties. Press in center of each patty making a hole but not breaking through meat. Add a large scoop of mac and cheese in center hole. Fold over and press to seal all around burger. Remold into round shape. Grill until burger is done, depending on desired temperature.
2. Add your favorite topping