Follow along as Kerrin Sturchio of Your Allergy Angel shares her Three Bakers creations through our new series, GF Sandwich of the Month. Step inside for March’s healthy sandwich!
GF Sandwich Ideas – The Italian Garden Sandwich
I wanted to do something different for the month of March by highlighting my NY and NJ roots while showcasing my Italian heritage – with a gluten free and dairy free spin!
Together with Three Baker’s Bread and thanks to the friendship I’ve formed with Gigi’s NY Style Pizza, Your Allergy Angel presents to you the Italian Garden Sandwich!! Who doesn’t love a fresh and hearty sandwich from a pizzeria?!
It’s nice to know that a local spot in Sea Bright, NJ can support living a healthy and allergy conscious lifestyle. It was an amazing experience creating this delicious sandwich – stop by this week and enjoy it while it’s on the special menu at Gigi’s!
A special thanks to Three Bakers Bread! You have changed my life with your bread and it is my mission to change others.
(serves 2; multiply as necessary)
- Three Bakers Rye Style Bread
- 1 small zucchini sliced lengthwise ½ inch
- 1 red pepper cut in quarters lengthwise
- 2 Portobello mushrooms sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive
- Balsamic glaze drizzle
- Salt and pepper
- Using a pastry brush, brush vegetables
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables on a hot grill and cook until they are tender.
- Once vegetables are done place accordingly on toasted Three Bakers Bread with balsamic drizzle & get ready to indulge.
- Enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day meal!