- BY Amanda Kanashiro
- POSTED IN Gluten-Free Recipes
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
Summertime is here and that means late nights, campouts and BBQ’s. No summer is complete without the iconic s’more, but it’s not always easy to find a fire to roast the marshmallows!
These S’more bars are a deliciously easy (and gluten free!) way to celebrate summer with all the flavors of a s’more. Graham cracker crust, chocolate goodness, and of course marshmallows.
The crust is super simple to make with Three Bakers Snackers. Grind them up and add some butter, sugar, a little bit of gluten free flour, vanilla and an egg and you have the perfect semi-homemade cookie crust. After a bit of baking time, top it with your favorite chocolate. I used dark chocolate to counteract the sweetness of the marshmallows. After you add the marshmallows, through it back into the oven so the marshmallows will puff and brown, giving you that roasted marshmallow flavor.
Once they cool, they are perfect to cut and take along on a picnic or to a BBQ. Of course, you can always just keep them in an airtight container and snack on them whenever the s’more craving hits!
For a little variety, feel free to use the Chocolate Snackers or the Chocolate Chip Snackers. Both would be delicious in this as well!
Gluten Free S’mores Bars
- 1 package Honey Graham Snackers
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Pulse Graham Snackers in a food processor until fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and brown sugar.
- Pulse to combine.
- Add gluten free flour, vanilla and egg.
- Pulse to combine.
- Spread in 8 x 8 square pan.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Sprinkle marshmallows over crust.
- Bake for additional 5-7 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and brown.
- Cool before cutting.
Several years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which requires a strict gluten-free diet, it’s hard, but you CAN live gluten-free and not feel like your missing out! Follow along here at on my website at https://eatatourtable.com for all my recipes, tips and tricks for living gluten-free.