This recipe creates a delicious cinnamon and snickerdoodle flavored protein ice cream/fluff that is low calorie and high in protein and volume! Depending on the protein used for this recipe, the consistency may come out a little differently (but the flavor will be amazing, regardless). I suggest using PEScience brand or Quest as I have found those to work best. However, other brands with similar ingredients can be substituted.
The entire protein ice cream/fluff base has a total of 175 calories and 25g of protein (if using the ingredients I have listed)! The macros for the whole base are 16C/2F/25P. With great macros and calorie counts like these, it leaves more room for toppings! Make sure to top your protein ice cream/fluff with as many toppings as you please (including Honey Graham Snackers of course!)
Healthy Dessert Idea! Honey Graham & Snickerdoodle Protein Ice Cream Fluff
Protein Ice Cream/Fluff Base
- 31g (one scoop) of PEScience Snickerdoodle Protein Powder. Feel free to substitute other flavors and brands of protein powder as well! Whey, casein, or other milk-based proteins work best for this recipe
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 58g of banana (about half of one banana)
- ¼ tsp xantham gum
- 14 ice cubes
Toppings (the most crucial part!):
- 50g of Honey Graham Snackers (or as many as you’d like for the topping!)
- Additional assorted cereals and candy
- Place the 14 ice cubes in a food processor with a blade attachment. Pulse the food processor until the ice cubes turn into a “snow” like consistency.
- At this point, add the banana, xantham gum, and almond milk and turn the food processor on until these ingredients are incorporated.
- Lastly, add the protein powder and leave the food processor turned on for about 10 minutes. The xantham gum and protein powder will allow the fluff to grow in size. The final result should fill majority of the food processor.
- Transfer to a large bowl and place fluff in the freezer until ready to eat.
- Top your protein ice cream/fluff with desired fall inspired toppings (including the honey graham Snackers)
- Dig in and enjoy this surprisingly healthy dessert!
Hello everyone! My name is Kelsey Johnson. I am a current first-year MPH student (Masters of Public Health) at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA. I have always been a huge advocate for Celiac Disease after being diagnosed in 5th grade and I hope to use my degree to bring more awareness to Celiac Disease, other autoimmune diseases, and the importance of a gluten-free diet. Since being diagnosed, I have had the chance to try nearly every gluten free brand as they came to the market and I have seen the progress that these brands have made over the years. However, once I tried Three Bakers breads, I knew I found my forever brand! In my spare time, you can find me working out at my school’s gym, skiing, hanging out with my parrot named Kiwi, or in the kitchen trying out new gluten-free recipes I’ve created!