Grab a glass of milk and be ready to chow down, the chocolate chip cookie layer bars are heavenly. Three Bakers Chocolate Chip Snackers form two cookie layers with a smooth fudgy chocolate in between.
These bars are simple to make. The dough comes together quickly in the food processor and the chocolate layer is created by combing melted chocolate and sweetened condense milk over the stove. Don’t forget to save a few chocolate chips to sprinkle over the top!
Serve warm for a gooey treat or cool and they are the perfect addition to your lunch box!
Gluten-Free Desserts – Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Bars
- 2 Bags Three Bakers Chocolate Chip Snackers
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces of chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Additional chocolate chips for topping
- Grind chocolate chip snackers in a food processor to fine crumbs
- Add gluten free flour and brown sugar. Pulse to combine.
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and eggs. Pulse until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half.
- Press half into 8 x 8 pan.
- Heat chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and salt over a double boiler, stirring constantly, until well combined.
- Pour over dough in pan.
- Crumble remaining dough over chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting. If needed sooner, it can be cooled in the refrigerator.
Several years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which requires a strict gluten-free diet, it’s hard, but you CAN live gluten-free and not feel like your missing out! Follow along here at on my website at https://eatatourtable.com for all my recipes, tips and tricks for living gluten-free.